The ingredients used are all halal making it a good place to hang out with Muslim friends. Plus, there are specific vegetarian dishes, too. It's definitely going into my list of places to take my cousin and her vegetarian husband when they visit us in Malaysia.
Salmon Angelhair - RM27.90
Is this getting familiar? If you're thinking you're always seeing salmon or pasta on my blog, that's because salmon is my favourite fish just as it is my cats', and next to brown rice, pasta is my staple diet. I could eat pasta everyday and never tire of it.
But this pasta tastes different from all the other salmon pasta I've had. The caviar complemented the smoked salmon and creamy sauce with parsley flakes. Truly yummylicious.
Quiche Lorraine with Beef Bacon - RM18.90
Hubby who likes quiche, opted for the Lorraine quiche after asking the waiter if it's big enough as a main course. He's concerned that it might not be enough to fill him. When it arrived, it looked kinda small. Turned out the amount was just right, especially when we shared the two dishes and finished off with a cheesecake. And yes, it tastes as good as it looks. I liked the salad dressing on the salad, too. I've always hated those salad that came with Thousand Island Dressing. Yuck! I wish someone would ban those commercial Thousand Island Dressing. Oops....hope there's no thousand island dressing fan reading this.....
Macadamia cheesecake - RM13.90
The cheesecake is not the light fluffy type that you get for RM6 or RM7 a piece, but the real, heavy type. Topped with macadamia nuts and caramel, it was sinfully rich, particularly so for diabetic hubby!! But it's his weekly treat to eat whatever he likes, after being on the strict diet I imposed on him throughout the week at home. Trust me, it's no fun being on that diet. Even a simple cup of hot chocolate at night has been replaced with plain oats soaked in hot water.
While perusing the menu, we also discovered that they have a traditional English afternoon tea for two at RM59.90. Now I know where to go if I'm craving for an English afternoon tea and don't happen to be in Cameron Highlands!
This restaurant lives up to its name. My verdict is:-
Address:
delicious
GF-1, Ground Floor, Bangsar Village II,
2 Jalan Telawi 1,
Bangsar Baru, KL.
Tel: 03 - 2287 1554/3
URL: http://www.thedeliciousgroup.com
