New York New York (no, it's not a typo error, that is the name), owned by a Singaporean, is an establishment that tries to emulate the look of a cafe in New York. The giveaway that it's not in New York is the 6 feet Statue of Liberty cardboard cut-out at the entrance. For the life of me, I can't imagine a cafe in New York displaying a cardboard cut-out Statue of Liberty at the cafe entrance. I could be wrong, of course, since I've never been to New York.
We've passed by this cafe in 1-Utama before, but have never tried it. Yesterday, while waiting for the movie Tron Legacy to start, we thought it might be as good a time as any to try their Brats sausage, which was listed as a 'Gotta Have It' item on the menu.
There was a large crowd, and the cafe was under-staffed. Service was extremely slow, and by the time we were served, we had only ten minutes to wolf down the food before the movie began.
I know, we could have watched Tron Legacy at home, but we wanted to watch the 3D version, and we aren't one of those lucky ones with a RM15,000 3D TV screen at home. So there we were at 1-Utama.
Anyway, back to the food. Here's the Brats sausage wrapped in turkey ham and cheese, serve grilled.
To me, a sausage is a sausage, and not being a connoisseur of sausages, all I could say is, it was good. I would have preferred the cheese to be more melted, though. I think it would have tasted a lot better. I love the orange mustard sauce drippings, and the balsamic vinegar they sprinkled on the greens. At least, I think it's balsamic vinegar, it tasted like one, at any rate. Price: RM16.90
Knowing how American cafes like American Chilli's, T.G.I.F. tend to serve larger than average portions, we ordered only a soup to share, the Hot Tomato Salsa soup. It was a good thing we did that, as I couldn't finish my food and hubby had to help me.
Sorry, I forgot to take a picture before I dug in. Personally, I think the soup is the highlight of the meal. But this is a biased feedback from someone who loves anything with tomatoes or salsa, and the combination is just irresistible. It has nice little tomato chunks, too. Really yummy. Price: RM6.90
While we were at 1-Utama, we saw an iX-Metro prototype by Hyundai. The interior is futuristic, the seat and the dashboard are something that you might find in a space car.
By the way, a Korean friend once told me that the correct pronunciation for Hyundai is "hoon-day", and not "hai-yoon-die" or "hoon-die".
Look at those wheels. You might not be able to replace the tyres should you get a puncture! And the seats, I could just picture this car zooming around the grid in Tron.
Very cool dashboard
Can you tell I'm crazy about this car yet? :D
The doors of the iX-Metro are automatic, like the Lamborghini and Ferrari, but it opens and closes horizontally, not vertically. Hubby and I pictured scenarios where the parts jammed and the passengers have to hold onto the car door for dear life as it whizzed along and getting all drenched as the torrential rain splashed in. And perhaps zapped by lightning, too.
The driver's seat is on the 'wrong' side, for people who drive on the 'wrong' side in their country.
I won't be surprised if all you need to do is enter the destination, kick back and relax while the car drives you there by itself. And talks to you, "Ma'am, is the air con temperature comfortable for you?" or "Would you like to go faster?"
The iX-Metro is a car to kill for. Now, where is my machete? :)~~~
P/s: New York New York is located on the ground floor at 1-Utama, opposite the Cold Storage.