Search This Blog

Friday, 5 August 2011

Nobel Family Steak House @ Viva Home



Nobel Family Steak House, which originates from Taiwan, is a steak house with over 150 outlets, and more than 40 franchises. Their tag line is 'indulgence fit for the noble class at an affordable price', which is prominently displayed on the wall next to the entrance at the back.




They have two outlets in Malaysia, at USJ Taipan and Viva Home (formerly known as Plaza UE3) at Jalan Loke Yew. Those aren't neighbourhoods we frequent, and we would not have known about them had Groupon Malaysia not sold a discount voucher for them. RM20 for a meal valued at RM77 -- Choose 1 main course from 11 varieties + buffet of side dishes + free flow drinks. 


How could I resist such a deal? For RM20 each, hubby and I could pig out like there's no tomorrow. Well, there is, but we'll worry about that and our weight another day....


Although Nobel is a steak house, hubby and I are more of a seafood person than beef. We both ordered the lemon salmon.






And with that salmon, we helped ourselves to the buffet side dishes........


There was sweet corn soup and mushroom soup...we opted for mushroom soup, though hubby helped himself to some sweet corn soup later.

I don't like my plate to be filled to the brim....I like to see empty space on the plate.


Hubby's plate of salad......compare it with my plate of salad....as I said, I like to see empty space on my plate.


I took enough transfat for both of us.....otherwise, I'd have loaded even less fries to have more empty space.
The beef mushroom sauce for our transfat


My dessert. I love the gula melaka and the sago, it was truly yummy. The dragon fruit wasn't bad either, but the agar-agar were a little on the dry side. I didn't like them.


Ice-kacang.....hubby asked why someone would make an ice-kacang like that instead of mixing it all up like it should be. Well, I like my food to be compartmentalized, so it's easier to eat in alphabetical order. That's how I put my economy rice dishes, too!  :P


Hubby's dessert - a herbal tea egg.....very healthy.... :P  


Some pictures of the side dishes buffet.....






They have chicken, rendang, and rice as a side dish, too!  :-o


Address:
Noble Family Steak House
G09, Ground Floor
Viva Home, Plaza Uncang Emas (UE3)
Jalan Loke Yew, KL
Tel: (03) 9281 6784